Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Great Plates of Late Around South Baltimore

The Pretzels at Crossbar

It took Crossbar Der Biergarten four years to open after its first proposal to join the neighborhood and I think the team spent that entire time perfecting its pretzel recipe. I am a huge fan of pretzels and, in my book, ordering one is pretty much a requirement when it’s on a menu. That will certainly remain the case at Crossbar.

The really large, golden brown pretzel comes out hot with a side of creamy mustard. You can also add the beer cheese fondue, which I recommend. It’s perfectly soft and tastes great, especially with a large German beer.

Tre Carne Pizza at DiPasquales 

DiPasquales, which just opened at HarborView in Federal Hill, offers a great combination of 100-year-old Italian recipes and stunning waterfront views. DiPasquales is famous for its Italian subs, but I also really wanted to try out their brick oven pizza during my visit.

I ordered the Tre Carne with chicken, sausage, pepperoni, tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella, and it was one of the best pizzas I’ve had in a while. The chicken had a ton of marinated flavor, the sausage and pepperoni were of really high quality, and the thin crust was soft with a nice char.

I also split The Real Italian sub, which was also delicious.

The Breakfast Routine at The Outpost

Another relatively new restaurant is The Outpost American Tavern at the former Porter’s space in Federal Hill. On a recent visit there for brunch I ordered The Breakfast Routine, a take on Canadian-favorite poutine with fresh-cut french fries, cheese sauce, sausage gravy, and a fried egg. The fresh-cut fries were really tasty, and all the toppings came together just right. It’s a really filling plate, so bring a friend!

Drunken Noodles at Thai Yum

Drunken noodles are a popular Thai dish and Thai Yum in Federal Hill does it really well. I got my order with broad rice noodles, vegetables, chili, sweet basil, and green peppercorns with beef. This dish has so much flavor, the noodles have a great texture, and the fresh herbs and spices will get your senses going.

I also tried the Chicken Pad Thai and the Lad-Na appetizer. It was a great dining experience.

Fresh Lemonade at Mo Machado’s

On a recent stop by Mo Machado’s Mini Mart in Riverside I got a glass of the fresh lemonade. The fresh-squeezed drink is a great combination of sweet, tart, and refreshing, and really hits the spot on these warm days. Make sure to pair it with an ice cream cone or snow ball!

(4)



via http://southbmore.com/2017/05/17/great-plates-of-late-around-south-baltimore-14/

No comments:

Post a Comment