Monday, July 15, 2019

Bar Liquorice Closes in Riverside

Bar Liquorice has closed at 801 E. Fort Ave. in Riverside. The bar has not been open in recent weeks and owner Jeff Cahill announced on Saturday via Facebook that he is moving on to a new venture.

The Facebook message reads:

Hey kids,

Owning a bar is a 24/7 labor of love that can really kick your ass. Approaching my last third lf my life, I have prioritized with is import to me. Although I have loved my 30+ yrs in B’more, I have decided to join my family in a new venture that will free me up to actually enjoy my life. I promise to keep you all posted as to when and where. My undying gratitude to all who contributed to the success of bar Liquorice. It has been a privilege. Be well. Love you most! Until we meet again…

Best,

Jeffrey Cahill.

Bar Liquorice was known for having candy instead of bar snacks along with a menu focused on craft cocktails, craft beer, and sandwiches.

In 2018, Bar Liquorice was named the No. 1 Cocktail Bar in Baltimore City based on Yelp ratings and reviews. It was a runner up in SouthBMore.com’s Best Drink Selection category in 2016 and 2017, it was named a “best bar in your home state” by The Chive in 2017, and Best New Neighborhood Bar by Baltimore Magazine in 2015.

Screenshot from The Chive



via https://www.southbmore.com/2019/07/15/bar-liquorice-closes-in-riverside/

No comments:

Post a Comment