Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Great Plates of Late Around South Baltimore

Birria Tacos from El Salto 

I’ve been dying to try birria tacos ever since they became a seemingly hot food trend in America. I’ve always loved a good French dip sandwich, so I had a feeling I would be a fan of birria tacos. And, after trying them at El Salto in Brooklyn, I am in love.

The Quesabirria at El Salto are soft tacos with pulled beef, cheese, cilantro, and onions cooked in the consome de birria and topped with tomatillo sauce. The meal also comes with a side of consome de birria for dipping which is a must.

These tacos were so, so good.

Curry Chicken from Taste of Jamaica 

Sweet Home Jamaica in Brooklyn has quickly become one of my favorite places to pick up lunch. It has daily lunch specials, which include a meal and soda, for $8. I previously raved about Taste of Jamaica’s jerk chicken and now I’m about to rave about its curry chicken.

I’ve never had Jamaican-style curry chicken before and clearly I’ve been missing out. This tender chicken had so much zest and flavor, and the sauce seeped down well into the rice and beans in the bowl.

What I order during my next trip to Taste of Jamaica will be a tough decision.

Maccheroni Alla Pescatore at Velleggia’s 

I have been looking forward to trying Velleggia’s at Cross Street Market in Federal Hill for a while and finally made it happen this month. The space has a more upscale feel compared to the rest of the market and has an inviting vibe.

As an entree, we got the Maccheroni Alla Pescatore which has linguini in lemon sauce with lobster, clams, shrimp, parmesan, and micro greens. The pasta was fresh and the sauce has a unique flavor that paired well with the seafood. The lobster really stood out to me.

To go along with our meal, we had some tasty cocktails and the Penzanella salad.

Biscuits and Gravy at Riverside Taphouse 

Riverside Taphouse has been recommended to me many times and recently I took advantage of a free Sunday morning to try out its brunch.

The biscuits with sausage gravy melt in your mouth and are super flavorful. They also came with two eggs.

We also got the Breakfast Wrap that had egg whites, turkey sausage, onion jam, and Swiss cheese in a wheat wrap. It was really good and really filling. The side of breakfast potatoes hit the spot, too.

The post Great Plates of Late Around South Baltimore first appeared on SouthBMore.com.

via https://www.southbmore.com/2023/05/23/great-plates-of-late-around-south-baltimore-26/

No comments:

Post a Comment